We won’t waste your time with clever puns on the state of the weather. VedaPointe and its partners are highly reliant on our presence in the cloud. We are entrusted to maintain and secure data, expose it through robust data pipelines, and create brilliant user experiences to consume all of this. We seek a Cloud Engineer that can see the opportunities for innovation through cloud services, and can bring the very best of these architectures to bear for our platform and our partners.
- Empathize with our partners and our solution engineering teams to understand that the architectures we build are the backbone of the healthcare and life sciences technologies we build. We’re all in it together.
- Clearly demonstrate and apply knowledge of both the most stalwart of cloud capabilities (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability) as well as those on the forefront of innovation (AI/ML, containerization).
- We really wish “cloud” was singular. But alas, we must keep and maintain awareness of what cloud solutions are on the horizon. Act as a Subject Matter Expert for VedaPointe and its partner’s cloud end-to-end architecture, including partners such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Evolve our playbook. Develop and maintain a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns that support the standards invoked by our solution engineering teams.
- Realize we’re one big team. It’s vital to be able to deliver research and evidence to support design decisions and contribute it to the greater decision-making process.
- Contribute to DevOps activities and complex development tasks.
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for security, high availability, and disaster recovery for applications – and the streaming and scale of near-infinite amounts of data.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or VMWare enterprise implementations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes in Azure DevOps.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
- Strong understanding that security is a must.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems.
- Experience working in a healthcare and/or life sciences discipline preferred.
Do you believe you are a fit? Please send your resume/CV to [email protected].