Just like it took a team of engineers to design and build the first manned spacecraft that started humans exploring space, today’s world of data is being built on the backs of great Data Engineers!
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. As a Data Engineer at VedaPointe, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data mover who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will help us chart the expanses of Outer Space by making sure our data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even redesigning our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives, and be thrilled to tackle the challenges and opportunities of a rapid pace of change in the industry.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Development, and Advanced Analytics teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience (or at least familiarity) with ‘traditional’ Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools and methodologies.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with SAP data structures a plus but not required.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Do you believe you are a fit? Please send your resume/CV to [email protected].